A couple of things about Brosome
Founded in mid-2009, Brosome has evolved from just 10 visits per day into one of the web’s most popular destinations for men, entertaining just a bit over 1,000,000 visitors per month right now. It may not sound like much but for us it’s a damn great accomplishment and I’m sure our readership will be even bigger in the future.
All guys need a healthy dose of awesome from time to time and that’s exactly our focus, featuring awesome stuff for bros almost every single day, hence.. the name.. Brosome! Whether it’s a lovely lady that will surely brighten up your day, a fresh viral video, a hilarious gallery or an uber cool gadget that you must have, you’ll probably find ‘em all in here because that’s what we do.
Since we’ve started the site, we were linked by a surprising variety of sources, from top mens magazines and entertainment sites to weird blogs and forums and every link and mention was definitely appreciated.
Behind the curtain of Brosome
Adrian “Nosfer” is the owner and CEO of Brosome.com. He started the site back in 2009 because he wanted to do something different and fun for a living and, thanks to his love for marketing and web development he managed to turn Brosome into a hot spot for male readers. He was actually born and raised in Transilvania and while he was a kid he even thought he was a vampire. We all know vampires are not real, but it’s true that he’s devilishly handsome. And awesome.
Vladdy Daddy or Vladiator spends most of the day flying and trying to become a wicked pilot, mainly because that’s the easiest way to be part of his favorite club, the Mile High Club, I guess… And because being a pilot was, is and will still be a freaking awesome job. He is also a brilliant writer even though sometimes he’s writing weird stuff. But he occasionally prints out pages of this website on soft paper, and wipes his arse with them. That’s him as a kid, now he’s almost the same but.. 22 years older.
Mark van Burik – Ever since he visited Netherlands a couple of months ago, he keeps talking about how awesome it was and why we all need to go there this year (taste the freedom, you know exactly what I’m talking about). Besides writing for us now and then, he’ a damn great photographer. Some say 5 years ago he accidentally introduced his sister to a naked dude who was protesting for gay rights, and that he once had full sex with his friend’s answering machine but those rumors haven’t been confirmed yet.
Subscribe to Brosome
- April 2009 – We’ve launched the site under a weird name: Mentag and with a pretty awkward design. Noobs!
- October 2009 – Six months later we’ve had our first month with over 100k unique visitors and 300k pageviews.
- March 4, 2010 – We’ve received a huge traffic spike that led to more than 30,000 visitors in a single day. The site was suspended in just a couple of hours due to that traffic spike. So… the next day we moved it on a dedicated server.
- March 20, 2010 – Probably the most important day for our site. I don’t know exactly how or where I came up with Brosome but it’s definitely the best idea I ever had. Bros + Awesome = Brosome. And that’s how Brosome came to life.
- November 15, 2010 – The site was going pretty well so we’ve launched a brand new design, let’s call it Brosome v2
- April 2011 – First month with over 500,000 unique visitors generating more than 2 million page views.
- September 2011 – We’ve posted our 2000th article and we’ve had around 20,000 visitors/day.
- November 2011 – One year after Brosome v2 was launched, we wanted something even more awesome and that’s how we came up with Brosome v3, wider, cleaner and a looot more attractive.
- December 2011 – over 800,000 unique visitors generating around 3 million pageviews
- April 2012 – We’ve moved our site to PressLabs and we’ve had 1 mil visitors/4 mil pvs
If you have any questions, suggestions or if you experience any technical difficulties, feel free to get in touch with us by using our contact page.